• Make a Donation
  • Ask For Advice


Leave Job But Maintain Entitlement To Unemployment Benefits – How/when?

It´s your right to leave a job where the employer doesn´t meet his obligations as stated in article 50 0f the Statutes for Employees, but you must start a procedure through the social courts, asking for the judge to end your contract. Only if

Which Convenio Applies To My Work Contract? Andalucia?

The Junta de Andalucia has incorporated a search tool on its website, helping you determine which ´convenio laboral´ applies to your work contract. Convenios can be for a determined sector or even for one company with a chain of stores. Can be

Negative Finiquito/redundancy Letter – Is That Possible?

Yes it is, the majority of cases when you´re leaving your job voluntarily, so are quitting and your employer is thus not obliged to pay you any indemnization and your employer claims you have not honoured the legally established notice period f

Tax Inspection Visit – Do I Need To Grant Access?

Please read this article for full info. LINK TO WEBSITE ARTICLE

New Autonomo / Self Employed Law 2017 – A Summary

Updated version conform publication in State Bulletin 25.10.2017. Please click the link below for direct access.   LINK TO LIBRARY DOC Note* Tariffs for Those Starting as Self Employed (autonomos)

Cpc Certificate Of Professional Competence – Eu Recognition?

Well, it´s a bit confusing. What the EU calls CPC in their Directive from 2003, transposed into Spanish law in 2007, is called CAP by the Spanish Fomento Ministry. Latest update is from May 2018. Their info on recognition of the CPC certificate

On Sick Leave And Contract Ends – What Happens?

If you have been on sick leave/´baja´ for more than 15 days, the Seguridad Social or the Mutua your employer has his insurance with, will have taken over the sick pay payments. Once your contract ends, you will continue to receive sickpay, for

Trial Period Work Contract – How To Communicate Termination

During the trial period of a work contract both employer and employee have the right to terminate the contract without having to give a reason, notice, or indemnisation.  Just to be clear, not every contract has a trial period. If there is no t

Employment Agencies In Spain, The Difference Explained

In Spain there are 2 different employment agencies, regional and national. They are usually situated in the same office. One is the state/national Employment office SEPE (formerly INEM), the other is the Autonomous Employment office and they go

Looking For Sepe/inem Offices In Spain

The following link gives a list of all SEPE/INEM offices SEPE offices

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.