• Make a Donation
  • Ask For Advice


Do I Pay Income Tax On Unemployment Benefits?

Yes you do. Unemployment benefits (paro) are seen as income from work and therefore subject to Income Tax and need to be included in your RENTA. Although SEPE/INEM should withhold a percentage of IRPF retention, in practice they do not always do

On Sick Leave – What Happens With Holiday Entitlement

When you are ´de baja´ for medical reasons, your entitlement to paid holiday days will continue to grow, as if you were working. If you had planned a holiday, but fall ill before or during, the days you were on sick leave will not be taken off

Homologation Eu Professional Diplomas / Recognition Non-university Studies

Completed your studies in another EU country and wish to work in Spain in a regulated profession that requires certificate of succesfully completed studies? Then you need to get your diploma/certificate homologated for a Spanish equivalent throu

Family Bereavement – Entitled To Paid Leave?

Yes, for a family bereavement, till 2nd grade, so for parents, grandparents, children or grandchildren. Your own or those of your spouse. ONLY if you are married, NOT in a registered partnership (pareja de hecho) unless the latter is specificall

Unemployed Can I Holiday Abroad?

For full information including days allowed on. This and application forms on the link below Unemployed Holidays

Tachograph Card – How To Obtain A Spanish One?

There are different kinds of ´tarjetas tacógrafos´ in Spain. For drivers, for businesses and for learning centres. They need to be applied for at the office of ´Servicio de Transporte´ of your province, or you can, with a digital certificat

Wages Not Paid – Can I Leave Job Without Losing Right To Paro?

Yes you can, your right to leave a job where the employer doesn´t meet his obligations is stated in article 50 0f the Statutes for Employees, but you must start a procedure through the social courts, asking for any late wages to be paid, AND yo

Autonomo Cuota Frozen For January 2017 – Increase Per July

UPDATE 6.6.2017  The State´s General Budget has been approved on the 30th of May and included is an increase of 3% of the Autonomo Base Minima de Cotización, so the minimum base salary over which the monthly cuota of over 80% of all self empl

National Holidays 2017 All European Countries

Follow this link for the dates arranged by country.   LINK TO BOE PUBLICATION

How To Check Status Paro Application Online

You can check online what the status is of your application for paro / unemployment benefits. You need a digital certificate installed on your computer for access, or a CL@VE. LINK TO SEPE/INEM ONLINE OFFICE   LINK TO SHORT GUIDE – IN

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.