• Make a Donation
  • Ask For Advice

What Should I Do When Leaving Spain?

Please read the info document by the same name in the Residency Section of the Library.

Or click

this link

for direct access.

Leaving Spain. Listen to Richelle senior adviser on radio.

Padron. Deregister:

For cancellation for change of residence of foreigners for transfer to another country.
In person: in the Offices of the padrón of the Districts. The original documentation must be presented. 

Documentation: The applicant must submit a letter or instance indicating their transfer of residence to another country and will be accompanied by a photocopy of their current identity document.

Application by means of a representative: the interested party may carry out the procedure by means of a representative in the padrón. The original documentation must be presented. For the realisation of the process, 

Documentation: The representative must submit a brief or an instance in which the interested party requests to be removed from the register of inhabitants of Madrid for having moved their residence to another country and where it is clear that the applicant authorises the representative to carry out the withdrawal procedure in their name, written that must be signed by the applicant and accompanied by a photocopy of your current identity document and the original identity document of the representative.

Please note: The information provided is based upon our understanding of current legislation. It is not legal advice but is provided freely to enable you to be properly informed. We recommend that if you are considering taking action, you should seek professional advice.

How Can Citizens Advice Bureau Spain Benefit You?

As an expatriate living in Spain; do you find that the Spanish bureaucratic system can be disconcerting? Have you discovered that the simplest of transactions are difficult to conclude? Find yourself searching for answers to problems only to discover that there is nowhere where you could find a solution? I am assuming that the answer is yes and that is why should be a member of our web site if you arent already.
citizens advice spain


We use our own and third-party cookies to prepare statistical information through the analysis of your browsing, in accordance with our cookies policy. If you continue browsing, you accept its use.
view CAB cookie policy

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para elaborar información estadística y mostrarte publicidad personalizada a través del análisis de tu navegación, conforme nuestra política de cookies. Si continúas navegando, aceptas su uso.
ver política de cookies de CAB

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.