• Make a Donation
  • Ask For Advice

Worked In Spain - Transfer Unemployment Entitlement To Another EU Country - U1 Form

Posted in: Certificates And Forms, Employment,
Author: Richelle de Wit
Tags: , ,

If you’ve worked in Spain and want to take info re your contribution years with you, for purposes of applying for unemployment benefits in another EU country, then you need to apply for the portable document U1, with the Dirección Provincial of the State Employment Agency in the province where you last worked, preferably before you leave Spain as it can take quite a while for your application to be processed and it could delay your application for unemployment benefits if you only apply for it when you have become unemployed in the other EU country and need to present it to the authorities there, to accredit your contribution years from Spain.

More info, in Spanish.




You can also apply by phone, the option to use if you´re already abroad.

Scroll right down on THIS PAGE. Make sure to look up the ´fijo´ number for the provincial office you need, to avoid unnecessarily high costs.

Informative leaflet from the Employment Agency, also mentioning the option for the relevant authorities in other EU countries to request the contribution info from their Spanish counterpart.


Please note: The information provided is based upon our understanding of current legislation. It is not legal advice but is provided freely to enable you to be properly informed. We recommend that if you are considering taking action, you should seek professional advice.

How Can Citizens Advice Bureau Spain Benefit You?

As an expatriate living in Spain; do you find that the Spanish bureaucratic system can be disconcerting? Have you discovered that the simplest of transactions are difficult to conclude? Find yourself searching for answers to problems only to discover that there is nowhere where you could find a solution? I am assuming that the answer is yes and that is why should be a member of our web site if you arent already.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.