• Make a Donation
  • Ask For Advice

Wells and Water Reservoirs, How To Find Out If Registered?

Posted in: Property, The Law In Spain,
Author: Richelle de Wit
Tags: ,

All wells and water reservoirs, whether on public or private land, should be registered with the authorities of your Autonomous Region.
Within the Department of Medio Ambiente there´s a division called ´Agua´ and they control the register. There are ´Oficinias del Registro de Aguas´ in each ´Organismo de Cuenca´ which means as much as the regional or inter-regional headquarters of the Division de Agua. Usually in the capital of your province.

Google for ´Como consultar Registro Publico de Aguas´ and the name of your Autonomous Region and you should find the relevant info.

For Andalucia it´s




If you are considering the purchase of a property with a well or water deposit, ask for the registration papers if it hasn´t been added to the title deeds (escritura) yet.



Please note: The information provided is based upon our understanding of current legislation. It is not legal advice but is provided freely to enable you to be properly informed. We recommend that if you are considering taking action, you should seek professional advice.

How Can Citizens Advice Bureau Spain Benefit You?

As an expatriate living in Spain; do you find that the Spanish bureaucratic system can be disconcerting? Have you discovered that the simplest of transactions are difficult to conclude? Find yourself searching for answers to problems only to discover that there is nowhere where you could find a solution? I am assuming that the answer is yes and that is why should be a member of our web site if you arent already.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.