• Make a Donation
  • Ask For Advice

Vehicle Report – When You Buy a Second Hand Car

In Spanish it´s called an Informe de Vehiculo and it will give you information about any restrictions that might be placed on a vehicle which could make it impossible or costly to transfer it into your name, as the intended buyer, as with the transfer of ownership, possible embargoes or unpaid road tax will transfer to the new owner as the one responsible for payment.

Like unpaid ´road tax´, ´baja temporal´, expired ITV, whether the car has a lease contract or any kind of loan against it. Or embargoes as a result of unpaid traffic fines.

You can either apply for the Informe at Trafico yourself, actual cost 8,30 euros, try to access the service online (with digital certificate or Cl@ve PIN) or engage a gestor to do it for you (generally will charge around 25 euros for the service incl. Informe).

Link to Application form Trafico

Link to Online service DGT/Trafico

Please note: The information provided is based upon our understanding of current legislation. It is not legal advice but is provided freely to enable you to be properly informed. We recommend that if you are considering taking action, you should seek professional advice.

How Can Citizens Advice Bureau Spain Benefit You?

As an expatriate living in Spain; do you find that the Spanish bureaucratic system can be disconcerting? Have you discovered that the simplest of transactions are difficult to conclude? Find yourself searching for answers to problems only to discover that there is nowhere where you could find a solution? I am assuming that the answer is yes and that is why should be a member of our web site if you arent already.