• Make a Donation
  • Ask For Advice

Update Residency Certificate Barcelona - Member's Experience

Permanent residency –Oficina Extranjería Rambla de Guipúscoa, 74 (Next to metro Sant Martí on the Purple line)
You don’t need an appointment if you already have a NIE and reside in Barcelona, just ask for a ticket B at the desk (If there is a queue – tell the police officer you are just updating your NIE and they’ll tell you where to wait: once you are in the whole process takes about 15 min)
Docs – make sure you take separate copies for each, they won´t make copies for you there.
A copy of your passport and original
A copy of your residency certificate and originalsCertificate of empadronamiento dated within the last 3 months
The modelo EX-18: download HEREThe modelo 790: download HERE

When you complete this form you should choose option “Certificado de registro de residente comunitario o Tarjeta de residencia de familiar de un ciudadano de la Unión”. You also need to indicate at the end of the form you are going to pay in efectivo. When you print it out you get three documents: one copy for you, one for the police and a factura to pay at the bank – the charge is €12. Pay at the bank before you go.

Informe de vida laboral Ciudadanos

Select via sms option to be able to download it immediately – You´ll need your social security number to do this (or your digital certificate if you have one).

Please note: The information provided is based upon our understanding of current legislation. It is not legal advice but is provided freely to enable you to be properly informed. We recommend that if you are considering taking action, you should seek professional advice.

How Can Citizens Advice Bureau Spain Benefit You?

As an expatriate living in Spain; do you find that the Spanish bureaucratic system can be disconcerting? Have you discovered that the simplest of transactions are difficult to conclude? Find yourself searching for answers to problems only to discover that there is nowhere where you could find a solution? I am assuming that the answer is yes and that is why should be a member of our web site if you arent already.
citizens advice spain


We use our own and third-party cookies to prepare statistical information through the analysis of your browsing, in accordance with our cookies policy. If you continue browsing, you accept its use.
view CAB cookie policy

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para elaborar información estadística y mostrarte publicidad personalizada a través del análisis de tu navegación, conforme nuestra política de cookies. Si continúas navegando, aceptas su uso.
ver política de cookies de CAB

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.