• Make a Donation
  • Ask For Advice

Register as Self Employed Autonomo. First Tax Office or Social Security?

Posted in: Employment
Author: Richelle de Wit
Tags: ,

You can pre-register with both, meaning that you can register on a certain date, and indicate that you´ll start your trading or activities at a later date. The latter date must correspond though with both agencies. Pre-registering with Hacienda will enable you to deduct expenses for the start up of a business, building works etc. as of the date you do so.

The date you indicate as your startdate with bth Haciena, the Tax Office  and the Seguridad Social will then count as your official startdate and your Autonomo contributions will be calculated as of that day.

The Seguridad Social registration needs to be done telematically, with a digital certificate installed on your computer and you will need the ´epígrafe´ the tax code for your activity, that you also used to register with Hacienda. And while you fill out the forms for Seguridad Social online, at one time they will seek confirmation from Hacienda that you have indeed registered with the same ´epígrafe´ there, so it makes sense to do the Tax Office pre-registration first, Seguridad Social second.

If you don´t match the actual startdates it can mean that the Seguridad Social will take the full month´s payment for the first month, instead of the pro rata amount, and deny access to the Tarifa Plana, for example.

Please note: The information provided is based upon our understanding of current legislation. It is not legal advice but is provided freely to enable you to be properly informed. We recommend that if you are considering taking action, you should seek professional advice.

How Can Citizens Advice Bureau Spain Benefit You?

As an expatriate living in Spain; do you find that the Spanish bureaucratic system can be disconcerting? Have you discovered that the simplest of transactions are difficult to conclude? Find yourself searching for answers to problems only to discover that there is nowhere where you could find a solution? I am assuming that the answer is yes and that is why should be a member of our web site if you arent already.
citizens advice spain


We use our own and third-party cookies to prepare statistical information through the analysis of your browsing, in accordance with our cookies policy. If you continue browsing, you accept its use.
view CAB cookie policy

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para elaborar información estadística y mostrarte publicidad personalizada a través del análisis de tu navegación, conforme nuestra política de cookies. Si continúas navegando, aceptas su uso.
ver política de cookies de CAB

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.