• Make a Donation
  • Ask For Advice

Interest Including ISA´s, Taxable In Spain?

Posted in: Taxation
Author: Richelle de Wit
Tags: ,

Answer from our volunteer tax advisor Philip Carroll, on a question on our facebook group.

All interest including ISA’s is declarable and taxable in Spain. Upto the 12th June 2014 you could offset the tax you paid in the UK but only upto 12%, and you should then reclaim the rest from HMRC. From 12th June onwards it is all taxable in Spain under the DTA and you should seek a refund from HMRC.

Please note: The information provided is based upon our understanding of current legislation. It is not legal advice but is provided freely to enable you to be properly informed. We recommend that if you are considering taking action, you should seek professional advice.

How Can Citizens Advice Bureau Spain Benefit You?

As an expatriate living in Spain; do you find that the Spanish bureaucratic system can be disconcerting? Have you discovered that the simplest of transactions are difficult to conclude? Find yourself searching for answers to problems only to discover that there is nowhere where you could find a solution? I am assuming that the answer is yes and that is why should be a member of our web site if you arent already.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.