• Make a Donation
  • Ask For Advice

Holiday Rentals Catalonia

As in practically all autonomous regions, in Catalonia you have to register your property, if used for holiday lets. Either holiday apartment, specifically for this use, or ´vivienda´ that is rented out part of the year.

Info re rural properties, casas rurales e.g.


Info re ´viviendas turisticas´. You need to communicate your desire to register your property as such with the Ayuntamiento, through the ´comunicación previa´, they in their turn need to register the property on the Autonomous Registro de Turismo.


Any other tourism activity where you need to register for.


To check if a property is registered, you can search by category


Please note: The information provided is based upon our understanding of current legislation. It is not legal advice but is provided freely to enable you to be properly informed. We recommend that if you are considering taking action, you should seek professional advice.

How Can Citizens Advice Bureau Spain Benefit You?

As an expatriate living in Spain; do you find that the Spanish bureaucratic system can be disconcerting? Have you discovered that the simplest of transactions are difficult to conclude? Find yourself searching for answers to problems only to discover that there is nowhere where you could find a solution? I am assuming that the answer is yes and that is why should be a member of our web site if you arent already.