How To Claim Your UK Pension From Spain By Phone

Please note* This way of claiming a UK pension is not for those who have been employed or self employed in Spain with last work history here. In these cases, all pensions should be claimed from Spain.

To claim your UK State Pension from abroad. Please read the following links. There is also a telephone number which you may call if your paperwork does not arrive/the International form is too long or you are having difficulty in completing

The following is from the recent experience of one of our members, with many thanks to Neale Hunt:

¨Phone number: +44 191 218 7777 standard number for International Pension Centre in Newcastle.

Request to complete the application over the phone, new facility. They will call you back within 24 hours to make an appointment. When they call you agree a day and time and they tell you the typical information they will need, they will then confirm by email the appointment and what information they may require. The person who then calls will have checked what information is needed and you provide the information over the phone. They tell you any additional documentation they need (i.e. marriage certificate) Took about 20 minutes or so. Just waiting now for the letter that confirms the amount of pension and a reply paid envelope to send them my marriage certificate (original or certified copy).¨

Info from email sent by Pension Centre to prepare for your application, again, with thanks to Neale Hunt re permission to share with members.

Dear Mr Neale

Thank you for contacting the Newcastle Pension Centre (International Group)

I have booked a call back for you on 15th December 2016 at 09:00 UK time. When we call you back you will need the following information available:

Marital details/status including date of marriage/death/divorce

Spouse/civil partner UK National Insurance Number (if they have one)

Details of your previous addresses and employment in the UK

Date you left the UK

The date you would like to claim from

Full bank details of the account you wish your pension to be paid into

Details of any insurance, residence and employment outside of the UK


General info International Pension Centre


International State Pension claim form – Publications – GOV.UK


The international State Pension claim form IPC BR1 and guidance notes to help you complete the


Check your State Pension Age

Please note: The information provided is based upon our understanding of current legislation. It is not legal advice but is provided freely to enable you to be properly informed. We recommend that if you are considering taking action, you should seek professional advice.

How Can Citizens Advice Bureau Spain Benefit You?

As an expatriate living in Spain; do you find that the Spanish bureaucratic system can be disconcerting? Have you discovered that the simplest of transactions are difficult to conclude? Find yourself searching for answers to problems only to discover that there is nowhere where you could find a solution? I am assuming that the answer is yes and that is why should be a member of our web site if you arent already.
citizens advice spain


We use our own and third-party cookies to prepare statistical information through the analysis of your browsing, in accordance with our cookies policy. If you continue browsing, you accept its use.
view CAB cookie policy

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para elaborar información estadística y mostrarte publicidad personalizada a través del análisis de tu navegación, conforme nuestra política de cookies. Si continúas navegando, aceptas su uso.
ver política de cookies de CAB

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.