Certificado Negativo Hacienda / Renta

A Certificado Negativo is a certificate, to apply for at the Tax Office, that confirms that you are not obliged to file yearly RENTA income tax returns, because you don’t meet the requisites to do so.

Info on tax thresholds HERE. Info on when you’re considered to be a tax resident in Spain HERE.

Banks can ask for this certificate, in the context of needing to know where you are tax resident, and in the absence of a Fiscal Residency Certificate, which you cannot get when you don’t file the RENTA income tax declaration for residents, because their income is below the threshold.

You can also be asked for the certificate when you apply for subsidies, Becas for education etc.

To apply for the Certificado Negativo you can either download a PDF or access the online office of the Agencia Tributaria.
It’s Modelo 01 and you need to tick the option ´Presentación / No Presentación´ under SOLICITA on the PDF.

Next to ´modelo´ you write ´100´ as that’s the number for the RENTA income tax form, and next to ´ejercicio´ you write the taxyear (calendar year) you need the certificate for.


You can also do it online, but you will need a Cl@ve Pin or digital certificate to access the Tax Office’s electronic office and your phone number and bank details must be known with them. If this is not the case, you will need to file a Modelo 030 first, to register yourself with the Tax Office.


Please note: The information provided is based upon our understanding of current legislation. It is not legal advice but is provided freely to enable you to be properly informed. We recommend that if you are considering taking action, you should seek professional advice.

How Can Citizens Advice Bureau Spain Benefit You?

As an expatriate living in Spain; do you find that the Spanish bureaucratic system can be disconcerting? Have you discovered that the simplest of transactions are difficult to conclude? Find yourself searching for answers to problems only to discover that there is nowhere where you could find a solution? I am assuming that the answer is yes and that is why should be a member of our web site if you arent already.
citizens advice spain


We use our own and third-party cookies to prepare statistical information through the analysis of your browsing, in accordance with our cookies policy. If you continue browsing, you accept its use.
view CAB cookie policy

Utilizamos cookies propias y de terceros para elaborar información estadística y mostrarte publicidad personalizada a través del análisis de tu navegación, conforme nuestra política de cookies. Si continúas navegando, aceptas su uso.
ver política de cookies de CAB

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.