• Make a Donation
  • Ask For Advice

Working Online From Spain, Where To Pay Tax

When you´re working online from Spain, you should be paying taxes and Social Security contributions here.

Although this FAQ is aimed at UK nationals, it is also applicable to all nationalities/foreign contracts

Many examples of expats that used to work for a company in the UK, while living there as well, and moved to Spain, continuing to work for the company, but online.

In most cases, unless the company you work for has made arrangements to be able to pay into the system here for you, the most practical option would be to register as self employed Autonomo and invoice the company abroad.

More info if you´re working part time here, part time in the UK in this FAQ from our website.


Please note: The information provided is based upon our understanding of current legislation. It is not legal advice but is provided freely to enable you to be properly informed. We recommend that if you are considering taking action, you should seek professional advice.

How Can Citizens Advice Bureau Spain Benefit You?

As an expatriate living in Spain; do you find that the Spanish bureaucratic system can be disconcerting? Have you discovered that the simplest of transactions are difficult to conclude? Find yourself searching for answers to problems only to discover that there is nowhere where you could find a solution? I am assuming that the answer is yes and that is why should be a member of our web site if you arent already.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. more information

The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.